Sunday, March 29, 2009

Playing catch up!

So Meg has given me hell for not sharing pictures of Louie - Poor Meg. She hasn't seen any pictures of him other than the OLD one that I took way back when I went to get Skippy!! BUT! I'm very sorry to say she's going to have to wait even longer!! Sometimes I hate the computer/digital age!! My computer has decided that NONE of my photo programs can be opened, half the time I can't get EITHER web browser to open (hence the two blogs today) - So I'm sorry to say, there are no pictures to share. I spent all day yesterday taking all of my pictures off this computer and putting them on discs (8 disks later - maybe that was part of the problem?? ha - nope still not fixed). SO! Here's the best I can do for an update without pics!!

Still haven't been on Lou again although I did buy a nice Zilco Halter/bridle and reins - can't wait to try it all out - I put it on him but haven't actually RIDDEN him yet!! Going to try today hopefully but the mud is making riding hard right now.

My bottle baby goats were born this week - Ziva and Gibbs were born on March 26, Abby and McGee were born March 27. I picked them up and brought them home the 27th! I am totally in love with the little critters!! Ziva and Gibbs are Boer/Alpine crosses and Abby and McGee are Boer/Nubian. I'm enjoying them but so aren't the kids. LOTS of pictures to come as soon as I fix this stupid computer!!

There's not much else going on - well, I did get one of "those" phone calls this morning. You know, the ones that generally start with "He's ok but...." - just to recap, I got 2 of those calls when I lived in Virginia - both from Judy telling me that my brother had been in a 4 wheeler accident and the second one was the scary one - he and a friend wrecked their dirt bikes and at the time of the phone call it was just known that one of them had a head injury. Luckily, both boys ended up fine, but it was scary. Then there was the call from his girlfriend a few years later "He's ok but...." He'd been in a fight in a bar in CA and had been beaten up pretty badly. He was unconcious when the EMT's arrived and they HAD thought that he was dead. He was in rough shape but alive and "ok". The last 2 calls have actually been from him himself. The first was last spring - very nonchalant "hey what're you doing?" type of conversation followed by "I was hoping you could take me to the ER" I was in Massachusettes at the time so I couldn't take him, but my dad took him. SO! This morning, I get a phone call from him - "Mom said to call and tell you that Ken is with Dad." "Ok....why?" "well, she's taking me to the ER I think I broke my ankle" - which of course was followed by a recap of the night - let's just say - my brother and his friends need chaperones!! Good grief. I told him he's grounded - and at almost 26 years old, he said "good I need to be"!!

So there - that's basically my life in a nut shell. As soon as I get my computer fixed I will post some pictures!!

0 comments: