Friday, November 13, 2009

2 Long Years Ago Today

RIPBuck 
Today is a very sad anniversary for me.  2 years ago today I lost my one true love, my soul mate, my best friend.  Buck came into my life on a cold December day in 1991 as a Christmas gift from my parents, and on a windy dreary November day 16 years later I laid my head on his neck and told him it was ok to let go.  The absolute hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

Buck saw me thru summer 4H camps, horse shows, MANY trail rides, swimming and eventually kids – Megssaddle we were inseparable for years and not a day goes by that my heart doesn’t ache with missing him.  I have finally been able to make it thru days, weeks and even months without crying for him.  I know this may sound silly to many people, but he was more than a horse.  He was just as important in my life as my children, my husband, parents, brother etc.  He was a family member.

Rest in peace my beautiful boy.  You will never be forgotten.
buckpetesigsized

1 comments:

Rocky Mountain Yankee said...

He was certainly one of the best horses I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I can't believe it has been two years.