Rowdy has not slowed down since he got “boo-booed”. Today is roughly 24 days since it happened and I knew it was healing but honestly aside from picking shavings and crap out of it (which has taught him to be ok with a hose) I’ve basically left it alone. Dr T had me spraying blue kote on it to keep a protective layer over it, he finished his antibiotics and probiotics without one single complaint and was just in general healing.
Yesterday I was looking at it - the stitches had loosened up and he had some dead skin that looked horrible so I asked my dad to look at it. He looked at it and basically called me foolish for being concerned, he said it looked great and then proceeded to say that Rowdy was an awful handsome little guy…..I asked him who he was and what he’d done with my dad and he just laughed and walked off. So anyway, dad got a better look at it then I’ve been able to get lately because although I can clean it off and spray it, forget getting a close look, he wants to follow me around in circles and in general be a pest. Tonight I decided to look closely at it, Dr T had said that if I was comfortable enough I could take the stitches out or I could leave them because they WOULD eventually dissolve.
I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before I took the stitches out, but it looked funky.
Here is the gob of skin and stitches that I took out/off. There was a LOT of “stitch material” and a lot more skin than I had expected. Dr T had said that there was a small piece that she couldn’t reattach and that we fully expected to fall off but that was a very small flap, this gunk is probably the length of one whole side of the cut. BUT! It has healed incredibly well! There’s going to be a scar, no doubt about it, but there
is a lot less “bump” than I’d feared. I can’t wait to see what it looks like in a week or so, it really is healing much much better than I’d expected and I am incredibly relieved and happy. He is such a handsome, good baby and I have so many hopes where he’s concerned that when this happened, I had horrible doubts that it would heal well. Maybe I’m just too pessimistic for my own good but it’s the truth.
In other news…….my new saddle arrived yesterday. It is fantabulous! Although, the seller left out the fact that it was dark oil/black because it had BEEN PAINTED! LOL – honestly, although up close it looks a bit funky, it isn’t bad and the most important thing is IT FITS both me AND Buddy so who the heck cares what it looks like?? The ebay listing was VERY inaccurate, but aside from the paint, the inaccuracies were in my favor for once. I am most comfortable in a 17” seat, my rear is big I admit that freely but anyway, I CAN ride in a 16” seat without too much discomfort as long as the cantle is low enough. The other thing was that it was listed as having a 6 3/4” gullet…..that was my one hesitation in buying it. It would fit Buddy for now but with as much as he’s muscling up and filling out I would eventually have to get a bigger saddle. TA DA! This saddle has a full 7” gullet and it actually measures a bit wider then that!! It is perfect in every way except the paint but again, that is very minor.
And MORE exciting news!! Luna is coming home!! Her owner is trying to downsize and I’ve kicked myself for not buying her when I had the opportunity when she was here on lease. She is a kick ass kids horse and although is only green broke, she’s practically bombproof. I mean, 10 rides or less and I took her in a 4th of July Parade – she didn’t care about the fire trucks, she didn’t care about ANY of it except for the shopping cart with balloons on it! LOL So anyway, we’re hammering out the details right now as to how she’s going to get here, but I anticipate that within the next week she’ll be here!! I am excited!! Vince isn’t quite as excited as me, but he’s ok with it.
Well I think that’s about it for news around here. OH! If you haven’t already checked it out, check out the list of stuff on my website for sale…Another friend is getting out of horses and had a bunch of stuff I wanted, she made me a hell of a deal on all of it so I took what I needed/wanted and am working on getting pics of everything else! I have 2 LARGE boxes of stuff to go thru and get pics of – if you see anything of interest on the list, email me and I’ll get pictures for you!! www.fivestarfarm.net

1 comments:
Glad to hear he's doing so well!! Just checked your tack sale list, that's a lotta stuff! FYI your pad is just ThinLine, not Ultra... Ultra is thinner (weird, eh?). Let me know if you want any of that to go to Fryeburg for the tack sale... the unit will ask for 10-20% depending on how much $$ you rake in. Higher than EBay fees but it's a good cause... though I won't be offended if you say no thanks!
Post a Comment